I started off the weekend with some one-on-one time with Dad Friday night. Mom went to meet some of my Aunties for dinner and a movie. They had a great time, while Dad and I went and grabbed dinner. On Saturday, Mom went and ran a secret errand with Grandma and Grandpa. When they showed back up at the house, it was with his early Father's Day gift for Dad...a Craftsman tool box that he had been waiting to get his hands on for years! He LOVED it, and was very surprised. While Mom was out running around, she ran into The Springs Cupcake Truck, and couldn't resist picking up a few of these tasty creations (Double Chocolate, Lemon Cake, Mile-Hi-Mocha, and Vanilla Bean):
After my nap, we went shoe shopping. I have finally out-grown my size 4 kicks, and needed some new ones desperately. We found these on sale at Penny's! I liked them so much, that I wouldn't let the salesman put them back into the box. I insisted on wearing them right away.
On Saturday evening, my buddy Daniel was dropped off at our place while his folks went out to dinner. We had a great time playing with cars and reading books. We ate pizza, and then went for a walk down to the park in the wagon.
On our way to the park:
Looking at the "Trucks" book, with Dad and Daniel:
We had a great time!
On Sunday (Father's Day), Mom and I quietly got up in the morning, and let Dad sleep in. Once dad was awake, we gave him his Father's Day gifts. He loved them!
We spent the day relaxing (Mom and Dad both took a nap when I took my nap), and enjoying our time together. Grandma and Grandpa came over in the evening, and we all enjoyed steak kabobs, baked potatoes, asparagus, salad...and the BEST part...homemade Chocolate Pie.
I am very lucky to have such a wonderful Daddy ("Daddy" is my favorite word, by the way). Hope everyone had a great weekend, and has a good start to their week.
No comments:
Post a Comment