Monday, July 15, 2019

Weekly Happenings

We had a great week--last week home with me before the kids returned to camp this morning for another session at Go West. 
Alex has been bugging me about wanting to chop her hair for quite some time.  I decided we could give it a try, and so far she LOVES it.  I had about 24 hours of mourning, but now that I have had a chance to see how easily it dries, and how easy it is to brush--I don't mind it!


And we can still braid it and do cute things with it--so a win/win!

Evenings in the park with Moses after dinner...




We got to meet our friends Winter and Bryce for some park time and a picnic last Wednesday.



& Wednesday evening we did "run club" with The Loomis Family.  They bribed us with beers afterward...so how could we say no?

And they owner came by to give me some extra samples. 

The kids always have such a good time when they get together with Gavin and Gwyn.


They were making up games and there were ZERO screens involved.

Just used their good ol' imaginations.

Thursday afternoon we met some friends at Wilson Ranch, on the west side.  We packed up once the clouds started moving in.  It had been 6 years since we were there last.



Saturday I celebrated Pride Fest with some friends.  Found this super cute poodle who was quite festive.

The children of some good friends were there...so of course we did a selfie.

Saturday evening, Mom and Dad came over to hang with the kids while Jeff and I had a wonderful evening.  We had a cocktail at a new place called Shame and Regrets, which is now the old 15C (the Martini Bar we went to on our wedding night).  So, we thought it was only appropriate that we go there for a drink. 
After that, we went to The Rabbit Hole for a delicious dinner.

Jeff got the Beef and I got the Chicken and a Biscuit (that tasted like a waffle).  I devoured it!

We had room for dessert, so we went to our favorite Melting Pot for coffee and delicious chocolate fondue.

We had a wonderful evening reflecting and having some time...just the two of us.
Sunday was our ACTUAL anniversary, so after visiting the Pride Parade, we went over to Cerebus for lunch and a mimosa. 

We had free tickets back to the festival, so the kids joined us as we walked around and visited all the booths and sites. 
Check out this little cutie...


And I was surprised with these beautiful roses from Jeff.  Man I'm a lucky gal!

This week will be a quick week with the kids back at camp, and worn out every day.  They were excited to go, so I was happy to have them doing something more than waiting on me for entertainment.  The kids start school a month from today!  Holy Cow!

No comments:

Post a Comment