Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Moving is No Joke

Phew! It has been a whirlwind of a week! But we did it! We closed on our new home, and have managed to move over ALL of our junk, and are mostly settled in.  And we LOVE the house.  I know we will be very happy here for quite some time.  My stress level has also gone from about a 9 to a 4, so I will take it!

Tuesday afternoon right before closing, and after the walk-through.  Everything went just as smooth as we could have hoped for.

These two posing with their new house cookie!

Meeting with the boss.  LOL.

We spent Thursday moving over the BIG stuff with the help of a 4-man crew.  Little did anyone tell me that when they decided to call it a day about 15 minutes short, that I would spend the next 4 days moving over all the stuff they didn't get.  Neil flew out to help Jeff install some shelves and all the cabling and electrical to mount our new TV, so I was sort of stuck doing the rest of the heavy labor and lifting, AND--putting the entire house back together.  Exhausting.  Just exhausting.  I'm not moving again for AT LEAST 15+ years.

I'm happy to report that both Molly and Moses and the kids have adjusted seamlessly. They are all loving the extra space and room.  The pups love look-out from the deck, and Alex has stated multiple times how much she loves her new "bigger" room and huge closet.
Molly nestled right in...

JR checking out the pool table in his PJ's.

Moses with protective glasses on per JR.

"Mom! Take a picture of me with Molly and Moses!"  Well okay!



And on Sunday morning we found the time to go help the PPA group clean up trash in what is literally our backyard now.  What was I thinking?



And we got our new buffet and office furniture delivered.  Mom gave me her bone china set from Vietnam, and it is all perfectly put away just waiting for a fancy dinner.  I love it!


Monday Jeff and I took the day off work to finish up this and that, and decided last-minute to keep the kids home also. So! We grabbed breakfast.  We drove up to Woodland Park to meet a person about a lawnmower, and they were a no-show.   Huge bummer.


So! We made the best of it and went rock hunting, and decided to visit one of our favorite breweries just a few miles up the road.

Paradox! We had a couple samples and were on our way.

We were the only ones in the joint, so the kids had a good time visiting with the bartender.



We came home to 5 more hours of work at the old house, getting it all ready for the new owners to take over on the 18th.  Clearing stuff out and getting everything looking nice has taken up A LOT of time.  All worth it though!

This week we are getting a new AC installed, and continuing to put it all away.  The kids have a back to school even this Friday where they get to find out who their teacher's will be.  Monday school starts!  I will have a 2nd grader and Kindergartner!  Man. Time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment