Monday, March 21, 2016

St Patty's Day and Disney On Ice

We had a pretty good week. JR's school had a fun week at school that included getting to dress up different days of the week depending on what he brought in for Care and Share. Wednesday (St Patty's Day) was "Fictional Character" Day, so we decided he would be a little Leprechaun.  Beat's Abe Lincoln ANY DAY! Hahah.
And he made an awfully cute little Leprechaun:

He even had a green little mustache:


Traditional family picture for the  last 3 years.  We had a "most spirited" competition at work--and guess who won?  Yours truly! I mean...how could I not.  I had tattoos on my face!

Alex's pretty green bows:

And the kids both had fun events at school and got to enjoy a homemade shamrock cookie on their way home.  It was fun day!

On Wednesday they closed the school down to disinfect due to some recent nasty viruses that had been going around.  I can't say we got out of it free and clear.  JR has been complaining about an upset tummy since last week.  He doesn't have a fever and is eating and drinking fine...so that is good.
Thursday was Crazy Hair Day.  Creepy spider web hair!  It obviously wasn't going to last ALL day, but he got some good giggles out of it.

On Saturday Jeff and I took a Spin class together!  He did great.  I was a little worried he might be that guy they have to call 911 for...but he survived!  After our class we took the kids to the pool for a few hours.  They just love it.  We went to lunch and had some lovely naps, and then went to visit Auntie K, Olivia, and Trent for pizza and ice cream.  It was a great day!

On Sunday we hung around and then met our friends for Disney on Ice at the World Arena.  We did the early show.  Everyone really enjoyed it and it was pretty cute!
The big group:

We had pretty good seats!

JR was having a blast singing and dancing:

The kids were not bored for even a minute--couldn't take their eyes off the show.

Lion King

Brother and Sister selfies!

Gavin!


What would an event be without a blinky souvenir cup filled with ice that cost $15 each? LOL.  We had a funny conversation about the expensive souvenirs on our way to the show.  I think I said something along the lines of  "We aren't going to be buying expensive junky toys..." and JR's response was, "Mommy-when you were little--did you think they were junky toys?"  Good point, kid.  Good point.

The after-show:

JR wanted to "sit and soak in some son."

It was a fun time had by all.  We look forward to going every year.

This was an old picture that Larissa posted from when we went to Denver on New Years Day.  Pretty funny!

This afternoon, Jeff and I are meeting in Denver for our psychological exams with Michelle.  We will be doing dinner afterwards with her.  We are both looking forward to getting to know her a little better.  Mom and Dad are picking the kids up from daycare and having dinner with them tonight.  The kids are both excited.  JR starts Spring Break on Friday.  We have parent-teacher conferences on Wednesday.  We are celebrating Easter this weekend with the Triple J group.  Should be a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment