Thursday, July 24, 2014

Our Days Before Vacation!

WE are back!! And trying to get all caught up here. We had a wonderful 9 days off from work and school, and Alex and I were both pretty bummed to head back to the grind on Monday morning. We tried to fit all of our pictures and updates in one HUGE post, but it just wasn't working out. So we will break this up a bit. Devin came in on the 14th (Mom and Dad's Wedding Anniversary), and we have been enjoying our time with her dearly!

Devin captured these pictures of Alex and I goofing off in the backyard on a rainy afternoon:





Mom and Dad had their company picnic on July 16th! Alex clung pretty tightly to Mom and Dad, but I had a blast playing all the games, winning tons of loot, and getting my face painted.

It was a carnival theme in the parking lot of their work. It turned out pretty cool!

I requested a "skeleton."

Alex doing...something. LOL

I borrowed Gavin's balance bike for bike day on the 11th. Mom and Dad are going to have to look into a bike for me soon!


Ms. Nikki went a little crazy on Alex's hair.

We went ahead and bought some fishing poles for our cabin trip, and decided to get some practice in before the real thing:



Posing by the pretty flowers in our front yard after a walk on Friday evening:

On Saturday the 12th, we got ourselves together and decided to check out two different Farmer's Markets. The first one was sort of a bust, but we had a good time at the Farmer's Market at the Margarita at Pine Creek. It is still a little early for the Colorado vegetables, but we still have a good time taking in all the sights and yummy food. Relaxing on a swing:

Mom and Dad got a date night on the Saturday before their Anniversary. Grandma and Grandpa babysat Alex and I, and Mom and Dad went to one of their favorite breweries and then out to eat for a fantastic meal at Bonefish Grill. They REALLY had a great time. Happy 7th Anniversary Mom and Dad!

Mommy found this site on Sunday morning. LOL.

And Alex turned 2.5 years old on Sunday the 13th of July. What a big girl!

We have been riding the bike and trailer down to a park in Indigo Ranch. This was taken at the park on the 13th:

Mom took us kids to Target while Dad made the trip to DIA to pick up Devin on Monday afternoon.

Oh! And a few pictures came in from when my Great Aunt Linda and Uncle Marshall were visiting back in May, so I figured I would squeeze in these great shots Aunt Linda took with her camera:




After Devin got in, we decided to take her to one of her FAVORITE places for dinner. Texas Roadhouse! It was all really great until...Andy the Armadillo showed up and traumatized Alex.
I decided to get my face painted again!

Scorpion!

Raaawr!

Andy the Armadillo hasn't made his appearance yet...Alex is still all smiles.

See Alex now? No...no you don't. Because she is hiding under that black tablecloth crying her eyes out. )-: We thought for a few minutes we were actually going to have to pack our stuff up and leave. She pulled through!

We spent most of the 15th packing and getting stuff ready around the house for our trip to Buena Vista.
Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Alex and I love taking selfies with Big Sister. It is great having her around:

Oh! These pictures were taken AFTER our trip, but figured we would sneak them in here. We have family pictures coming up this Sunday, so I got another haircut...and ice cream afterwards.

Molly and Moses were happy we were home from being gone for 5 days:

WE had a great 4 days at home leading up to our departure. Next post...Buena Vista!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment