On Wednesday, I had my FIRST round of swimming lessons at Ohana Swim School with Ms. Christiana. You guys...I did FANTASTIC. Mom left to watch in another room, and I took right to Ms. Christiana and was very cooperative. She seemed to be VERY impressed that I was floating on my back and holding my breath under water. At one point during the lesson, I got startled when I decided to flip over from my back to my belly, and Ms. Christiana was standing to my side. So...I panicked a bit, and I think at that point I decided I was pretty much over it. I cried for just a short bit, and Ms. Christiana was able to get me right back in the pool. But, by the time the lesson was just a few minute away from being officially over, I was DONE. I told Mom "I want to be left at school next week." And I told Mom "You should ask for your money back." And I also explained to her that I was NOT going to be reminding her of swimming lessons ever again. Mom told me we have a few more to go...and that I will get a special rewarding for returning to the water. My buddy Gavin, also had a rough start...but now he LOVES it and is great in the water. So, we just got to get through these next few lessons and hopefully I start to enjoy it.
Taken from the Observation Room:
Floating on my back!
I was exiting the pool, and Gavin was getting ready to start his lesson...so Mom took advantage of this photo op!
Gavin and I in the pool almost 4 years ago!
Hopefully this week's lesson goes well (with a little bribery).
Ms. Alex came home with this fancy hairdo last week! Go Ms. Nikki! How on earth do you get Alex to sit still for that long?
On Saturday...we went to Disney on Ice at the World Arena. Alex and I both took quick naps before the show, so we were ready to party!
Before the show...
Alex did SO WELL! Mom and Dad were expecting to take shifts walking her around the concession area...but they didn't need to! She LOVED the show...well, except for the part where the Aladdin Genie(s) came out and she was not a huge fan of The Beast from Beauty and the Beast. But other than that...she sat and watched and LOVED It. During the 1/2 time intermission...she was very concerned the show was over.
We met a bunch of my buddies there! The Loomis Family, The Eberhart Family, The Rachele Family, and The Wilson Family!

My buddy Connor enjoying the show!
Alex would have Daddy cover her face with his hand during the scary and intense parts. He would leave a little space between his fingers so that she could peak through. It was pretty cute.
I loved it also!
And we also had REALLY great seats in Section 116, Row B. The characters would come over to the side of the ice rink and waive and it felt like they were looking right at us! Pretty awesome.



We will definitely have to consider going again next time they are in town. After the show, we grabbed some BBQ at Dickey's. Yum!
We took Sunday morning pretty easy...Mom did her workout at Orange Theory. After naps, we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa for a bit. Mom decided not to cook so we stopped at Wendy's for dinner!
A great end to a good weekend. Hope everyone has a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment