Special date with Mommy:
I picked out some action figures from the Disney show "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" at Target. AND...My teacher reported to Mom on Friday morning, that I had an EXCELLENT day at school on Thursday. That I told Ms. Dacia "I'm happy!" a couple of times throughout the day. Looks like our Wednesday afternoon together was just what my little soul needed.
In baby sister news...Alex had been having a few "rough nights" starting LAST Saturday. Mom had a gut feeling that it could mean that she was possibly coming down with something. Tuesday night, Alex would SCREAM when Mom tried to lay her down. She would only sleep comfortably in her swing. Wednesday night...she was up many times, and was running a 101 fever at 2:00 AM. Thursday evening, after we came home and had dinner...Dad thought she felt "warm." We took her temp and she was running a 102 degree fever )-: Mom and Dad just knew that this meant that she probably had something going on that was more than teething. So, Friday morning...Mom took her to see Dr. Reich. One look at her right ear, and Dr. Reich confirmed that Alex had her first ear infection.
Waiting to get seen by Dr. Reich:
She really did seem her "normal" self during the day...it was just at night when she would get fussy and have a hard time sleeping. Do you remember all the ear infections I used to get? I must have had 5 or 6 in my first 18 months of life. I would turn really red in the cheeks, get super lethargic, pull at my ears, and do a TON of crying. Other than Alex's fever and her frequent night wakings...you wouldn't be able to tell she had anything going on!
Picture taken Thursday evening (running a 102 degree fever):
She got pigtails at school that day. VERY cute:
We are happy to report that Alex is feeling MUCH better. She is back to waking up only ONCE during the night (-: We had to adjust her antibiotics to a more concentrated dose, and Mom has to mix her medicine with baby food...or she will spit it out everywhere and slap your hand away if it comes close to her mouth.
In other news...our new end-table arrived last week. We love it! (Don't mind Dad...he is just checking his Fantasy Football scores):
Saturday morning...happy baby!
On Saturday afternoon, we went to my buddy James' Birthday Party at Aerial’s Gymnastics (same place I had my party). We had a blast running around and playing on all the equipment. Alex had fun watching all the kids play:
James! The Birthday Boy!
Quick photo op:
Alex can't wait to be able to run around and play with the rest of us:
Getting ready to sing Happy Birthday to James. I found my seat RIGHT next to the Birthday Boy and was ready for Birthday Cake:
Let the crazy present opening frenzy begin!
James had TONS of helpers (most from my preschool class---I almost knew everybody at the party):
On Saturday evening...Dad decided he wanted MEXICAN food for dinner! So, we tried out 3 Margaritas. It was...okay. Alex had fun making friends with the little girl at the table across from ours (she has recently learned to wave):
On Sunday, Mom baked close to 90 cookies!! She has a cookie competition at work today, and although the cookies are all "J.R. and Daddy Approved," she is not sure how she will compete against the competition:
Alex, Daddy and I all took afternoon naps around the same time late Sunday afternoon. So, Mom decided to paint her fingernails and relax on the couch. It was OH so wonderful for her to have a moment all to herself.
Alexandrea yanking more ornaments off the tree:
Mom made a tasty Enchilada dinner that I took no part of. While the rest of the family enjoyed dinner...I decided I wanted to color! Mom was VERY impressed with my new ability to color and stay in-between the lines, and to concentrate for an extended amount of time.
She caught some video of me showing off my new skill:
Proud of my artwork:
We have a lot going on this week. This time of year always seems to be full of social events and special projects. I have my Holiday Party at school on Friday, and Saturday we are going to my buddy Jameson's Christmas Party. It's actually starting to feel like Christmas here in Colorado Springs. High of 37 degrees today, and we have snow on the ground (finally). Hope everyone has a fantastic week...after all, it is the MOST wonderful time...of the year (-:
No comments:
Post a Comment